Punggol.org Forum
September 16, 2014, 03:25:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The server is now hosted with Singapore Host. They have partially sponsored the hosting. Thank you Singapore host.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: New mosque to be built in Punggol by 2013‏  (Read 11153 times)
R-square
Punggol Senior Member

« on: May 22, 2010, 10:27:36 PM »

Source: ST 22 May

$15m mosque will be most expensive one ever built here

A NEW mosque to come up in Punggol will be the most expensive one ever built here.

To cost $15 million, it will sit at the junction of Punggol Place and Punggol Field, near Punggol MRT station, and be up by 2013.

These details of what will be Singapore's 70th mosque came from Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs Yaacob Ibrahim yesterday, when he opened Al-Mawaddah mosque in nearby Sengkang.

'Now that the site has been decided on, we can form a committee to raise funds and make preparations for the new mosque, God willing, for the people of Singapore,' said Dr Yaacob, who is also Minister for the Environment and Water Resources.

The mosque, on a site the size of 10 tennis courts, will serve about 4,000 worshippers, mostly Punggol residents, three-quarters of whom are aged 45 or under.

Mr Mohd Alami Musa, president of the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (Muis), said yesterday that the design of the mosque might well follow that of Al-Mawaddah, which had its soft opening in May last year.

Al-Mawaddah has eco-friendly features such as solar-powered lights and cooling vents. It is also one of the first mosques here to eschew the traditional Islamic dome. Its modern look is an outward sign of Muis' efforts to reach out to the nation's young Muslim families by designing its mosques to function also as centres of community life.

In a nod to Sengkang's relatively young population, Al-Mawaddah has, for example, a youth corner, classrooms, and a marriage solemnisation area.

The Punggol mosque will cost nearly twice what it would have cost just five years ago. Mr Alami said this was due to rising construction and land costs.

It will ease the strain on Al-Mawaddah, whose congregation swells past 6,000 on religious holidays, thrice the usual crowd, said its chairman Mohd Rafii Abdul Hamed.

Two other mosques, one each in Woodlands and Jurong West, are in the pipeline.

He who wishes to secure the good of others, has already secured his own.
~Confucius
Heyhey
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:43:50 PM »

yeah i saw this.. hope there wont hindu temple at ripples.. and i guess they wont..

I love Ripples !!!
Blimey
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 01:42:33 AM »

yeah i saw this.. hope there wont hindu temple at ripples.. and i guess they wont..

this is quite a good news to Sails. as all the construction will be done quite together. So most residents do not need to face much of the dust from the construction of it. Smiley

Without love, life is like the seasons with no summer.

Without love Life is rock 'n' roll without a drummer
marine
Punggol Master

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 01:39:47 PM »

this is quite a good news to Sails. as all the construction will be done quite together. So most residents do not need to face much of the dust from the construction of it. Smiley

works are slated to begin mid 2011 to 2012, roughly take 1.5 years. if its anytg like the sengkang one its gonna be impressive
marine
Punggol Master

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 01:40:33 PM »

shiningstars
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 08:03:39 PM »

the seng kang one look like hw? dun look like mosque isit? the mosque gt sound proof walls anot huh.
Andrew Wang Dafansu
Punggol Master

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 08:08:19 PM »

the seng kang one look like hw? dun look like mosque isit? the mosque gt sound proof walls anot huh.

http://almawaddah.eimbrunt.com/
R-square
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 09:15:02 PM »

ya block so far away dun worry la.

friday afternn oso wont be home.

but i honestly doubt got sound proof walls. sounds proof whole building will be crazily expensive.

~Confucius
shiningstars
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 09:57:34 PM »

but i honestly doubt got sound proof walls. sounds proof whole building will be crazily expensive.

eh., my blk closer to the mosque than urs leh. nt v far leh.
shiningstars
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 09:58:18 PM »

wah. it's no longer the round round thingy w star and moon.
SSBK
Punggol Junior

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 10:18:15 PM »

Dun make much difference to me ... as long as it's not too noisy.. I'm okay (even with moons and stars or Suns)
Heyhey
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 10:44:12 PM »

Dun make much difference to me ... as long as it's not too noisy.. I'm okay (even with moons and stars or Suns)

u will have shiningstars as ur neighbour in ur neighbourhood.. haha..

I love Ripples !!!
marine
Punggol Master

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 02:10:27 AM »

bound to be sound be definitely below the legal limit
R-square
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 09:23:51 AM »

bound to be sound be definitely below the legal limit

honestly speaking i think e sch will produce more sound than the mosque.

sch bells, pa system, kids playing during recess etc.

~Confucius
R-square
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 09:59:29 AM »

you can organize for us to play soccer on that plot of land.

~Confucius
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: