Punggol.org Forum
August 16, 2018, 11:30:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register, please sent an email to info@punggol.org with your name, email address and your preferred userid. We will get back to you once the account is created. Online registration has been disabled due to bots registering for bogus accounts.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Useful Tips for household (DIY)  (Read 16086 times)
WilliamT
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 09:52:59 AM »

any1 can advise use what to remove paint on my timber skirting? used tarpin before but not very effective..
tot of thinner.. but heard may spoil e wood..??

Maybe u can chck w e main office wat/how e workers use to remove e paint?

Million $ Qn: What is a gay astronaut's ambition???
Green Apple
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »

I think they use thinner.

Aries right!!!!!!!!!
romance
Punggol Junior

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 10:49:30 AM »

any1 can advise use what to remove paint on my timber skirting? used tarpin before but not very effective..
tot of thinner.. but heard may spoil e wood..??

Maybe u can chck w e main office wat/how e workers use to remove e paint?

Thinner will kill the lac!!!!!!!!!
superseven
Punggol Member

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 07:08:02 PM »

If it is wall paint (which is mostly water-based emulsion), then u should be able to remove it easily using enough water & mild soap with a sponge.

Song Boh!!!
www.manutdsg.com
mighty6
Punggol Guru

Saving The World Starts From Home

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 01:33:20 AM »

Dear Punggolians,

Let's share your experience / suggestions here...

Whatever You Do for or Against others, it shall be Done For or Against You, But MANY Times More.
mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 01:21:12 AM »

My input coming later today on maintaining Air-Con... "HOT" topic I hope...

Whatever You Do for or Against others, it shall be Done For or Against You, But MANY Times More.
mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 10:52:21 PM »

Here Goes...

Ever Heard or experienced the following scenario?

The air-con has water dripping from it, the repair man (not from agent) says the draining pipe laid underground was badly stuck (blocked), need to drain off water from the air-con via a new piping on a new route...

The job cost of laying new pipes about $250/**.WO! so expensive!!!

The Real problem is : Water drips from the blower because the drain / gutters inside the blower gets moldy and sticky if you don't clean it regulary... (how regular is regular?) and 3rd party contractors may not do a proper cleaning for you, leading to such accumulated problems.

If you engage legitimate service providers for regular maintenance, such problems will be eliminated because they will dismantle the gutters (and also the internal "roller"), wash them thoroughly and then blow the pipe to clear any blockage.   

Though it cost more per visit, but the money will be well spent.

Sure there is more that can be done by ourselves...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 10:57:12 PM by mighty6 » Logged

mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 10:56:06 PM »

The above will happen to any brands of Air-Cons (Anyway, mine is a Daikin).

The problem is caused by blockage in the drain pipe due to molds and sludge, especially with our Humid Singapore and when you do not turn on your units regularly (at least once a week for 2 to 4 hours).

Service man to the rescue may be the answer but costly right?

So I recommend a thorough service with chemical wash and all by qualified / legitimate sources once every 2 or 3 years depending on your usage.

In between, every 3 to 6 months, simply remove the Blower cover and spray the "solution" now available in FIX DIY shops, a product called CONCAIRE (they should pay me fees for helping them promote) to clean the fins / blades / tray and also help clear the pipes as well.

For $50.00, I washed 6 Fan units by myself (No mess, it comes with a big bag to contain dirty water dripping out). It is simple as 1,2,3... try it!

Enjoy DIY and Save Save Save!

mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 10:59:34 PM »

For very bad choke...

Mr. Muscle Drainage solution to the rescue. 

I do not recommend pouring this directly onto the Air-Con tray.  I used a long-nozzle spray to pump Mr. Muscle into the drain pipe and let it "burn through" before flush spraying with warm water.

For a 5 years installation, I did that only once. Cheap and effective. Dun listen to the "Crap" of laying new pipes unless you have a Rat stuck in the pipe. HeeHee   Laughing

Enjoy DIY and Save Save Save!

mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 11:03:59 PM »

A penny for thought.

Depending on the size of your living room (3 roomers, 4 or 5).

If yours comes with Living & Dining Area, 2 X 9000BTU will not be able to cool the place down especially when you have guest.

Straining on your system will also lead to clogging of the drain pipes, molding of the fan unit, condensation and shortening the life span of the entire system.

Let me share with you on my installation:

Executive flat with 2 X 26,000BTU Daikin Inverters

3 X 9,000BTU for the bedrooms (12,000BTU will be too cold for rooms)

3 X 12,000BTU for Living / Dining area and study area since the study area can still get a fair share of cold air when I turn on both the Living / Dining rooms.

The study unit can be turned on after both the Living / Dining rooms are cooled enough.

Enjoy making your decisions and choices...

mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 11:55:11 PM »

Hello... it is June now... anyone to continue sharing tips / experience?

mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 12:54:16 AM »

Wow, everyone just BATA is it?

Buy And Throw Away? 

No need to DIY ah??? 

Ai yoyo, so quiet... Come On Punggolians... show us your knowledge and innovative ideas... 

Pat, must change Title back to what I initially started post (guess this one not catchy enough  Laughing)

terence
Punggol Senior Member

Treelodge@Punggol Blk 306A

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 10:18:56 AM »

My tips:

Dun install air-con for the living room, use 1 or 2 tower fans. Save alot of money. Seriously.
mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 02:05:07 AM »

Wow, everyone just BATA is it?

Buy And Throw Away? 

No need to DIY ah??? 

Ai yoyo, so quiet... Come On Punggolians... show us your knowledge and innovative ideas... 

Pat, must change Title back to what I initially started post (guess this one not catchy enough  Laughing)

mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 02:07:01 AM »

My tips:

Dun install air-con for the living room, use 1 or 2 tower fans. Save alot of money. Seriously.

Thanks terrence... agree, but should still install, given that sometimes it gets too hot and humid and you have guest to entertain... play safe to have them installed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: