Punggol.org Forum
December 16, 2017, 02:57:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: More than 6000 residents have join us. Be a fan of Punggol 21 on Facebook. LIKE US.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HDB letter on DOGs  (Read 5126 times)
mighty6
Punggol Guru

Saving The World Starts From Home

« on: April 21, 2011, 03:29:18 AM »

Noticed a letter being pasted on the notice board that it is illegal for tenants to have more than one Dog per house unit.

Oceanus Folks, do read this at our Notice boards (lift lobbies).

It must also be approved Dog Type allowed by HDB...

Anyone found in breach of above can be heavily fined...

Grin

We have quite a number here with more than 1 dog... so how ah?

Wink I promise I will not blow the whistle,

but their dogs might give them away... Whoof Whoof... 

Whatever You Do for or Against others, it shall be Done For or Against You, But MANY Times More.
pohbear77
Punggol Baby

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:36:39 AM »

Noticed a letter being pasted on the notice board that it is illegal for tenants to have more than one Dog per house unit.

Oceanus Folks, do read this at our Notice boards (lift lobbies).

It must also be approved Dog Type allowed by HDB...

Anyone found in breach of above can be heavily fined...

Grin

We have quite a number here with more than 1 dog... so how ah?

Wink I promise I will not blow the whistle,

but their dogs might give them away... Whoof Whoof... 

Hi mighty6, I also noticed the notice also [no PUN intended here...  Wink]

Actually, I'm fine with the number of dogs a RESPONSIBLE owner keeps so long as the action of doing so does not cause any inconveniences to other residents [dogs barking incessantly in the middle of the peaceful night waking up all other people except its owner(s), dogs anyhow do their business anywhere like nobody's business [what's up with me, so PUN-ful...], dogs barking suddenly @ startling young kids & even some timid adults etc & the list goes on...]

Personally, I'm one whom love  & hope to keep 1 also if situation permits [having 2 young kids @ home & an SO whom basically cannot tolerate LIVING under the same roof with a dog, or else someone will be LEAVING...  ].

Had seen many a times people (owners, maids etc) leashing their dog(s) for a walk [or the dogs pulling them for a walk... Grin] or to do its business downstairs. Majority of dog owners here are responsible & considerate enough to remove & discard the ORGANIC fertilisers after their charges had finished its businesses... However, what IRKS me most are those IRRESPONSIBLE owners leaving these ORGANIC fertilisers lying around (luckily these brownish/ blackish bodies don't move about...), thinking that it will SELF-DESTRUCT in say maybe 5 seconds?!?!

These days, a walk in the park downstairs with my girl or family is never a leisure activity anymore as we would have to tread the ground carefully in case we get in the way of these ORGANIC stuffs & we step on these "land mines" accidentally...  Always taught my girl to be careful & open her eyes BIG BIG in case she 'kenna'... Then she'll ask me why the dogs anyhow SH1T, I'll explain to her "DOGs are BEAST, never gone through any education, so they have no 家教 (proper family teachings) & hence cannot blame the dogs. HOWEVER, if these owners who do not take proper care of the SH1T in the end, all I can say is that he/she is worse than a BEAST despite having received at least some form of education & have no 家教!!!"

So all Punggolians, lets work together to keep Punggol (Central) clean & green for the sake of our next generations' future!!! Vote for "NO DOG SH1T!!!"  [Sorry, think affected lately by the coming GE fever...  Laughing]
aldina3108
Punggol Senior Member

Reno Completed May 2012 - Punggol Regalia

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »

there is such a notice from HDB ? can get it from the website or wat? what are the regulations anyway? sorry... pardon my ignorance... my hubby thinking of getting a dog when we move in....

A: Activities
B: Beliefs
C: Consistency/ Courage
D: Discipline

“Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow.” --- Robert Kiyosaki

"The enemy of GREAT is good"
mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 03:34:24 AM »

there is such a notice from HDB ? can get it from the website or wat? what are the regulations anyway? sorry... pardon my ignorance... my hubby thinking of getting a dog when we move in....

The letter was dated this month and addressed to blocks in the Oceanus Precinct.

I believe one can check with HDB for the approved breed of dogs that HDB dwellers can keep.

It also indicated that tenants in Breach of HDB's 'ruling' can be fined up to $4,000

Whatever You Do for or Against others, it shall be Done For or Against You, But MANY Times More.
mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 03:39:13 AM »

Hi Pohbear77,

Thank you for sharing...

Yes indeed, generally most of them are OK, except for some Black Sheeps... (WAH, SHEEPS can Own Dogs wor  Grin)

I dun have problems with neighbours having more than 1 dog too as long as they can manage them well...

But Since HDB has issued the letter, it must mean something... So Folks better not get spotted by them if you have more than 1 dog hor...

gaolow
Punggol Junior

My pass time and favor room...

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 09:59:15 PM »

How about cat??? Got one time, one cat went into our house....So who going to take care?

Home Theater:-Movie watching in the comfort of your home...
Acoustic Camera ---revolutionary solution for sound localizationd
mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 11:00:41 PM »

How about cat??? Got one time, one cat went into our house....So who going to take care?

Letter issued for 

No letters for 

Chinese like 

Malays like 

As long as they dun cause problems to neighbours and environment and being cared for... ok de... 

mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 11:03:01 PM »

To Pet Lovers,

Do you think that the ruling from HDB, limiting 1 Dog per household too strict?

I would rather that they allow up to 2, at least the pets can be kept in Pairs mah... otherwise very lonely right?

baby_gergerl
Punggol Member

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 10:44:20 AM »

I read from somewhere that cats are not even allowed to be kept as pets in HDB units.  Correct me if i'm wrong..

Andrew Wang Dafansu
Punggol Master

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 10:56:55 AM »

Correct cat not allowed. But certain things just give and take if not causing nuisance. My ex neighbor got 3 cats but we are still on clOse terms
mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 12:04:33 PM »

Ya, so long as they dun cause problems... ok de...

Lemon
Punggol Mogul

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 11:36:20 AM »

To Pet Lovers,

Do you think that the ruling from HDB, limiting 1 Dog per household too strict?

I would rather that they allow up to 2, at least the pets can be kept in Pairs mah... otherwise very lonely right?

i hope they do away with this limitation.

lots of real responsible owners out there who wants to save more lives by adoption but very often hindered by this ruling.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."  - Roger Caras
Guess^Who
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10326p.nsf/w/PetTypesOfPetsAllowed?OpenDocument

Types of Pets Allowed

It is HDB's chief objective to present and preserve a pleasant and an enjoyable living environment for all the HDB residents. HDB strives to promote neighbourliness among its residents in all the high-rise, high-density public housing estates owned by HDB. In order to provide conducive surroundings to its residents, HDB has to also consider the different sentiments of its residents while formulating its policies, rules and regulations.

HDB allows only certain breeds of dogs to be kept as pets in HDB flat. Following is a list of approved breeds of dogs that are allowed to be kept as pets in HDB flats.

Dogs

HDB allows one dog of an approved breed to be kept in an HDB flat. The approved breeds are small dogs which are generally more manageable. Any flat owner who keeps an unapproved dog breed or has more than one dog on the premises shall be considered guilty of having breached the HDB regulation regarding pets and will be liable for conviction that can amount to a fine of up to a maximum of S$4,000.

View list of approved breeds of dogs.

Other Pets

Besides dogs, HDB allows flat owners to keep other pet animals such as fish, hamsters, rabbits, and birds. These pets generally do not cause nuisance to neighbours and do not disturb the environment.

Cats

Flat owners are not allowed to keep cats in HDB flats, as it is generally difficult to confine cats within the flat premises. Nuisance caused by cats such as shedding of their fur, defecating/urinating in public areas or even the caterwauling sounds that they make can cause a lot of disturbance, which affects the environment and disrupts neighbourliness in our housing estates.

=====================================================================
HOWEVER... there is also the case by case basis where non-HDB approved dogs are given special permit.

This is in view of circumstances and with the permission of immediate neighbours.

Talk abt the poo I also mad... coz I need to scold my girls to leave them alone

Click to Join Now!

Lemon
Punggol Mogul

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2013, 03:01:27 PM »

some of these hdb approved dogs are so tiny. i think keeping 2 of them doesn't make any difference.

so long as the owner is responsible enough.

some people have 2 dogs and yet they live in peacefully as though no dogs at home lor.

while some others.. 1 dog already tearing the house down...

honestly, i need tips to license non hdb approved dogs

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."  - Roger Caras
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: