Punggol.org Forum
December 16, 2017, 03:01:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The server is now hosted with Singapore Host. They have partially sponsored the hosting. Thank you Singapore host.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenNet Scheduled for Oceanus 190  (Read 6672 times)
mighty6
Punggol Guru

Saving The World Starts From Home

« on: January 06, 2012, 02:03:30 AM »

Finally the Wait is Over... 

Received letter that the installation phase for 190 shall be between 6th Feb to 25th Feb'2012...

Surprisingly when I went online to make my appointment booking, it seemed that all the dates and time slots are still not being taken up (if taken up, it should be displayed as grey)...

My Booking Date & Prefered time has been successfully registered (at least that was what the results showed me)... Fingers crossed that the system dun Scam me on this... 

Whatever You Do for or Against others, it shall be Done For or Against You, But MANY Times More.
mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 02:05:23 AM »

I understood there were already a few blocks in Oceanus selected for OpenNet last year...

So this time round, which are the blocks other than 190 selected?

Final Phase at Oceanus?

Those whom have installed, please share your experience... 

Whatever You Do for or Against others, it shall be Done For or Against You, But MANY Times More.
mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 02:12:39 AM »

I have already figured out the Best Path for installation... as long as the contractors agree to this path it shall use up the 15m run exactly...

Otherwise, Alternative route will need me to pay for additional 5m at $33, which will also be utilised completely...

Next... Must speak with Internet Service provider (Singnet) on what I can do / upgrade and connectivity around the house via Wireless beyond the Termination Box...

Anyone with good advise, please share your experience and knowledge here k... Kum Sia in advance... 

Huggy
Punggol Emeritus

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 04:41:20 AM »

y u only posting?

those who have installed opennet wiring in their house, sometimes not possible to run on the ground, on the way u want.

got limitations like store door, entrance to kitchen, the side of the starhub tv  cable point, entrance of corridor to bedrooms, all of this comes into point.

i seen they installed even though the owner ask if it is possible to be this/that but they say not possible.

mine if install, will be lucky as tv point to the main door, there is nothing..

but one thing, trunking will be there.. 

my friends here don't allow me to keep one of my 3 chio mei mei.. :cry:
mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 12:54:56 PM »

Yes, I have selected a route that will avoid all these and if they agree, will have a portion running throught my Full height Cabinet at the Main door entrance area...

but if they really cant, then I will have to make a loop and that will cost me an extra 5m = $33 + more exposed trunkings lor...

that they can help, not cos of the $, but more of visual concerns...

mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 01:17:38 AM »

Wah... Bo Lang get letter for booking huh?

citykid
Punggol Junior

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 06:32:44 PM »

Dear all
Can anyone share where is the best path for the cable?
eUoNyM~ ๑۩۞۩๑
Punggol Emeritus

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 12:56:10 AM »

Dear all
err.. depends on ur house layout n design ba?? 

Life is about choices..
mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 01:42:50 AM »

Dear all

Use the Wall that is not on the Bomb-Shelter side... depending on your furnishings, run the trunkings via the skirting or the cornices but will have one portion running across on the ceiling before dropping to the TV outlet wall (but termination point not close to the Original TV outlet) in order to stay within the free 15m run.

Note: If your entry point is via the top and you route it via the skirting, 15m will also not be enough.

If you loop all the way to the windows side, you will also have to pay for the additional 5m.

I have no issues on the trunking running across the ceiling as I have a wooden 'false beam' in place.  It should not be too much of an eye sore when the trunking goes alongside.

Hope that helps, based on our flat type layout...

So when is your booking?

mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 01:45:11 AM »

So this time round only 190 get it?

mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »

Bo Lang Chup ah... 

eUoNyM~ ๑۩۞۩๑
Punggol Emeritus

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 01:54:38 PM »

Bo Lang Chup ah... 
err.. cannot comment leh.. cos im oni visitor~ 

Life is about choices..
mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 06:38:09 PM »

Bo Lang Chup ah... 
err.. cannot comment leh.. cos im oni visitor~ 

All Visitors Beri Welcome, especially your goodself... 

mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 06:48:34 PM »

Spoken to Service Provider...

Have Fibre also as good as dun have le lah! 

Other than wireless for Internet, the Mio TV portion has to be hard wired! 

Cos my TV in the LIving Room is tied with CableTV, while the one in the MBR is connected to MIO via Tel line/Power line (for the wireless transmission)

Cannot allow any more unsightly wiring/trunkings to run all over the house le... 

Guess I will have to be stuck with current configuration until future renovations le... 

FYI; When you sign up the Singnet Fibre Packages, Cost of Installation (NOT FREE = $80.25) include 1st wiring to a TV only.  Additional wiring at $3 / 6m for other Hard wiring to another Mio Set-Top Box. The wireless modem will only come 'FOC' for 100Mbs, 150Mbs & 200Mbs packages only.

50Mbs plans need one time payment of $128.40 or $5.35/mth over 24 mths contract.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:55:50 PM by mighty6 » Logged

mighty6
Punggol Guru

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 06:56:21 PM »

So What about other Service Providers?

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: