Punggol.org Forum
April 26, 2019, 09:48:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: More than 6000 residents have join us. Be a fan of Punggol 21 on Facebook. LIKE US.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Proposed Road" north of Parcvista and Punggol Town Park is a future Expressway?  (Read 34358 times)
pratakosong
Punggol Baby

« on: June 20, 2011, 12:27:52 PM »

Just a thought, the "Proposed Road" to the north of Parcvista and Punggol Town Park looks awefully a lot like an expressway. I guess the govt has planned in another expressway/major arterial road running parallel to TPE into the masterplan in case the current TPE ever reaches maximum capacity.

Measuring using google maps, the proposed Expressway/Road will be 150m to 250m from the North Facing Parcvista 5 rooms and 4 rooms (depending on which block).You can use the masterplan map from HDB to measure the distance and it correlates well with the estimated distance i got from google maps... using the scale at the bottom, 1 cm is about 50 m, so block 129 is about 250 m away from the proposed E-way and block 167 is 150 m away from the slip road leading to the proposed E-way. And from experience, the noise from an expressway 200m away will be a obvious steady drone (with loud cars and motorbikes every 15 seconds or so) and the trees/park won't provide much of a buffer.

Petrol station at the back, a upcoming major arterial road/expressway to the north. This will play havoc with the future resale value of Parcvista...

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:34:39 PM by pratakosong » Logged
kimseng
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 01:04:05 PM »

I would think it looks more like a major artery road Vs an Expressway. (I think that's the seletar north link road?)
Links to the business parks in Pasir Ris on the East and the two islands on the west, Pulau Punggol which links to Seletar camp i believe, Aerospace Industry. So i would not worry too much about it...but good job on the very nicely cropped/stacked images. Is there something similar for the whole of punggol?? Hahahah...kidding...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 01:06:55 PM by kimseng » Logged

"Dreaming is my passion but making it true is my obsession.” – Rajnish Sharma
pratakosong
Punggol Baby

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:09:15 PM »

Haha i wish the maps were mine but they're not... Got the Maps off H88.com.sg and it was done up by Keeve Tan who's also a member of Parcvista FB page. Would agree that they are great maps and very useful when deciding on which units to go for!

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Punggol+Waterway+Terraces+and+Parcvista+site+maps/
Andrew Wang Dafansu
Punggol Master

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 02:34:19 PM »

It's not an expressway, just a road linking Pasir Ris and Punggol Timor industrial area
GPunto
Punggol Junior

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 02:15:17 AM »

Parcvista at least is few hundreds meters from the road

imagine those "high rise residential development" just above the road, they will be even worse

anyway, the development for aerospace industry is very slow...may be it will end up like another bio-science industry?

In that case, driver like us will found the road very useful
Angry
Punggol Emeritus

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 06:38:29 PM »

It's not an expressway, just a road linking Pasir Ris and Punggol Timor industrial area

Is good for people working in pasir ris, changi.....seletar...yishun 

七公主 - DoubleJ , *NIKITA-ANN* , aldina3108 , nana6594 , jayne , Lingz

七格格 - Agent Advocate , Yawnzz , bluurrzz
marine
Punggol Master

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 06:56:54 PM »

Is good for people working in pasir ris, changi.....seletar...yishun 

good news 
ransoma22
Punggol Junior

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »

I looked through Singapore Master Plan 2008 which have a clearer picture and the proposed development around it.
 It does look like an expressway similar to TPE(SLE)...it linked to Lorong Halus to Pasir Ris Coast Industrial Park. 3( new road road??) running parallel to Pasir Ris Drive 3 and linked backed to Pasir Ris Beach Park...
Look exciting...
And also Punggol Central will also be linked to Lorong Halus and to Pasir Ris Drive 1
Punggol Central will also be extended westward cutting across Sungei Punggol and the road just terminated there... Gone Mad

All around Lorong Halus to Farmway are subjected to detailed planning as shown in the concept plan.

And the old punggol road seem to become a park, or rustic park...

What I mentioned is based on the master plan I saw so don't know when will be materialize 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:54:37 PM by ransoma22 » Logged
marine
Punggol Master

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 10:17:43 PM »

I looked through Singapore Master Plan 2008 which have a clearer picture and the proposed development around it.
 It does look like an expressway similar to TPE(SLE)...it linked to Lorong Halus to Pasir Ris Coast Industrial Park. 3( new road road??) running parallel to Pasir Ris Drive 3 and linked backed to Pasir Ris Beach Park...
Look exciting...
And also Punggol Central will also be linked to Lorong Halus and to Pasir Ris Drive 1
Punggol Central will also be extended westward cutting across Sungei Punggol and the road just terminated there... Gone Mad

All around Lorong Halus to Farmway are subjected to detailed planning as shown in the concept plan.

And the old punggol road seem to become a park, or rustic park...

What I mentioned is based on the master plan I saw so don't know when will be materialize 

have to wait and see if it does materialise. plans change
ransoma22
Punggol Junior

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 10:32:46 PM »

Yes. It does change, let wait and see 
pratakosong
Punggol Baby

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 09:13:44 AM »

So it looks like the proposed road north of Parcvista is confirmed to be a semi-expressway rather than a major arterial link. Judging from how the other semi-expressways in Singapore are designed (West Coast Highway and the Outer Ring Road System), it'll probably take the form of an elevated viaduct with 3 lanes either way and no traffic lights to impede traffic with a speed limit of 70 to 80 km/hr.

GBU
Punggol Guru

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 01:40:03 AM »

pratakosong
Punggol Baby

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 10:30:49 AM »

Parcvista has the luxury of being buffered by 200m to 300m of Parklands (depending on which block) so not too worried about it. However as the semi-expressway will most likely be elevated to run over the existing roads/LRT lines, high floor units of Parcvista facing the park may get some sound pollution. Its a curious fact that if you go to unblocked HDB blocks near expressways (was looking at some resale units), those units on the high floors will get quite a bit more noise as compared to those on the lower floors so property agents are quire right when they say that sound travels upwards. Also, trees won't buffer road noise much especially not for an elevated semi-expressway. Anyway this semi-expressway will definitely be a cause of concern for some of the new BTOs being built next to the waterway in the next few years.

However for Punggol residents in general, this semi-expressway will mean faster linkages to CTE, SLE, Yishun and Pasir Ris if you drive or more express bus services by SBS/SMRT if you're a public transport user.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:33:04 AM by pratakosong » Logged
Huggy
Punggol Emeritus

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 01:34:22 PM »

wah good news. but when start? 

my friends here don't allow me to keep one of my 3 chio mei mei.. :cry:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: