Punggol.org Forum
November 17, 2018, 11:09:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Get all the latest news and information of Punggol via Twitter @punggollatest.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Useful Tips for household (DIY)  (Read 16245 times)
ronlin
Punggol Master

tired and exhausted

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 10:07:23 AM »

Wow, everyone just BATA is it?

Buy And Throw Away? 

No need to DIY ah??? 

Ai yoyo, so quiet... Come On Punggolians... show us your knowledge and innovative ideas... 

Pat, must change Title back to what I initially started post (guess this one not catchy enough  Laughing)

I merged your thread with a previous thread on similar topic and chose to keep the previous topic title.
I will put this topic as sticky
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 10:13:18 AM by ronlin » Logged

If you can't even be direct and frank to your friends, then why are we friends in the first place.
doRRie
Punggol Member

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 10:09:04 AM »

My tips:

Dun install air-con for the living room, use 1 or 2 tower fans. Save alot of money. Seriously.

Thanks terrence... agree, but should still install, given that sometimes it gets too hot and humid and you have guest to entertain... play safe to have them installed.

Think occassionally onz is ok just dun onz it everyday...  Smiley

floppy
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 06:18:05 PM »

I admit that we hadn't been performing any maintainance at all on our windows for the past 2 years (besides cleaning b4 CNY  Embarrassed), which results in stiff joints. Was recommended by the handle seller to oil the connecting metal moving joints for the windows on a regular basis.
And here's the main topic of this post, not just any kind of oil but, COOKING OIL! Apparently, if you use other kinds of oil (the first thing I had in mind was the "sewing machine" oil), it will react with the rubber seals and increase the deteriorating rate or something like that.

yup. you cannot use wd-40 or similar on any parts (not just windows handles) with rubber seals (or o-rings). the 'oil' will destroy the rubber seal/o-ring and eventually kill it.

cooking oil is 1 alternative, silicon-based lubricant is another, motor vehicle synthetic also can be used.
another well-known lubricant for these parts is... vaseline.

just re-quoting a post from another thread. some tips for the diy folks.

Sent from my iPhone
floppy
Punggol Senior Member

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 06:23:15 PM »

for the folks who love to diy, this site will be your friend: Instructables.

for the folks who can't see the possibilities ikea furniture present, take a look at the craze over at ikea hacker (if you do a google on ikea hack, you get even more hits  Wink )

Sent from my iPhone
-XI-ed
Punggol Mogul

Rainbow after Tears

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2008, 09:53:01 PM »

for the folks who love to diy, this site will be your friend: Instructables.

for the folks who can't see the possibilities ikea furniture present, take a look at the craze over at ikea hacker (if you do a google on ikea hack, you get even more hits  Wink )
awesome.

:-: It's not worth to linger further ... x :-:
_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: